Apply to be a Wrecker Service
An individual or company desiring to apply to be a wrecker service in Oklahoma must:
- Own or lease a wrecker vehicle as defined in Title 47, Section 951, of the Oklahoma Statutes.
- Maintain an office location, if you fall within either of the following categories:
- Wrecker service companies desiring to participate in the law enforcement rotation
- General class wrecker service companies planning to store vehicles
- The office must be maintained at the storage facility or within a two mile radius.
- Maintain an outdoor storage facility.
If the office, storage lot or any wrecker vehicle is leased, a copy of the lease agreement must be supplied to DPS with the application packet.
- Wrecker Service Application Instructions
- Original Application for Wrecker/Towing Service License Form
- Certificate of Insurance
- Criminal History Information Request Form