Records Management

The Records Management Division is responsible for receiving, processing, and maintaining all documents and records related to driving records (including traffic-related convictions) and traffic collisions. These documents and records are submitted by Oklahoma's state and local law enforcement agencies.

This division also maintains all records of the Department of Public Safety.

This division also provides copies of collision reports, Motor Vehicle Reports (driving records), driving-related records, and other records of the Department.

Information from convictions and collision reports compiled by this division is used by law enforcement and other traffic safety advocates to develop and evaluate action plans and policies to make our highways safer and to reduce traffic collisions and fatalities.

For the convenience of the public, a request for an eligible Department open record may be submitted to the Records Management Division:

  1. In person.
    Open records may be obtained from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M., Monday through Friday, excluding state holidays, from the Records Management Division, Room 206, Department of Public Safety, 3600 North Martin Luther King Avenue, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
  2. By United States mail to the following address:
    Department of Public Safety
    Records Management Division
    P.O. Box 11415
    Oklahoma City, OK 73136-0415
  3. By other mail delivery service to the following address:
    Department of Public Safety
    Records Management Division
    3600 North Martin Luther King Avenue
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73111

    Note: The Department receives from but can not respond by United Parcel Service (UPS).

The Department does not accept FAX and electronic requests at this time.

If you have questions about information on your MVR (driving record),
please call (405) 425-2262 or you may email

Payment for Records

Payment is due upon your request for a record. If your request is mailed, it must be accompanied by the appropriate fee in the form of a personal check (except for driving records), cashier's check, or money order, which must be drawn on a bank within the United States and payable in U.S. dollars. If your request is made in person at the Department, you may also pay in cash.

To Request Records

Get your MVR/driving record online

Please use our Records Request form to request:

  • an MVR/driving record
  • a collision report, or
  • another record maintained by the Department

The applicable fee(s), including certified copy fee, and the mailing address are provided on the form.