You may purchase a copy of "Proudly Protecting Oklahoma: The 75th Anniversary of the Oklahoma Highway Patrol" by clicking the PayPal link below.
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol is now accepting applications for the 62nd Academy. The application period will be open from 1 April, 2013 through 9 June, 2013. To apply, click here.
Age: Minimum of 23 years of age, but no older than 45 when the academy starts. (January 27, 2014)
Education: Must have an associate degree or a minimum of 62 completed hours from an accredited college or university before the academy starts (January 27, 2014).
Residency: Must be a citizen of the United States.
Applicants who answer "YES" to the following questions will be found unsuitable for employment.
- Have you been convicted two or more times for DUI, DWI, or DUID?
- Have you been convicted of one DUI, DWI, or DUID within the past ten years?
- Have you been charged with a DUI, DWI, or DUID within the past five years?
- Have you had driving privileges legitimately suspended or revoked within the past thirty-six months?
- Have you received convictions for five or more moving traffic violations on more than three separate occasions within the past thirty-six months?
- Have you used marijuana at all within the last 3 years?
- Have you used marijuana extensively over a substantial period of time?
- Have you used anabolic steroids at all within the last 5 years?
- Have you used anabolic steroids for more than five cycles after February 27, 1991?
- Have you used methamphetamine at all within the last 10 years?
- Have you used methamphetamine more than a total of five (5) occasions in your life?
- Have you used any other illegal drug within the past 5 years?
- Have you used any other illegal drug more than a total of five (5) occasions in your life?
- Have you ever sold any illegal drug for profit?
- Have you ever used an illegal drug (no matter how may times or how long ago) while in a law enforcement or prosecutorial position, or in a position which carries with it a high level of responsibility or public trust? If you answered "YES" to any of these questions, you should not apply for the position, as you are disqualified.
- Biographical Questionnaire: The Biographical Questionnaire will be e-mailed to all applicants with instructions to return the completed form via e-mail to email@example.com.
- Birth certificate: The birth certificate must be a certified state issued document.
- Education: Must present an associate degree or official transcript showing a minimum of 62 completed hours from an accredited college or university no later than December 15, 2013.
- Military: If applicable, provide DD214 long form.
The following required documents should be presented to Human Resources when applicants arrive for the physical and written tests unless otherwise instructed.
- Law Enforcement Highway Patrol Officer Cadet Salary during academy: $2,766/mo
- Probationary Law Enforcement Highway Patrol Officer Salary: $2,959/mo
- Additional Salary Information
- Annual Leave: 15 days/year
- Sick Leave: 15 days/year
- Paid Holidays: 10/year
- Health Insurance and Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Longevity Pay (after two years employment)
- Expense Allowance
- Shift Differential Pay
- Additional Benefit Information