Transfer a Learner Permit from Another State (Over the Age of 18)

Applicant must appear before a Driver License Examiner. Over the age of 18 a holder of a learner permit is required to have the permit for 30 days. If the issue date of the out-of-state learner permit is more than 30 days ago, the applicant is elgible upon passing a road test to obtain a full license. The examiner will issue a form that is taken to a tag agency where they will pay the fee and get the license printed.

The applicant must bring in the following:
  1. Applicant must bring Primary ID. (Usually a State Certified Birth Certificate)

  2. Applicant must bring Secondary ID. (Usually a Social Security Card)

  3. Applicant must provide Social Security Number.

  4. Present the Out-of-State Learner Permit.

  5. Applicant must bring in any documents showing a legal name change: Such as Marriage, Adoption, Divorce etc:
    These documents should connect all of the last names from the birth certificate to the current last name. Read more »