Documentation of School Enrollment, Attendance or Excused Absence
- Proof of current enrollment in a secondary or vocational-technical school, on a form provided by your school, or
- Proof of an excused absence, as defined in State Statutes Title 47 Sect. 6-107.3 on a form provided by your school, or
- Proof of enrollment and satisfactory progress in a program leading to a certificate of high school equivalency (General Equivalency Diploma: GED), on a form provided by the Department of Public Safety, or
- Proof that you have completed a GED, or
- Proof of home schooling, on a form provided by the Department of Public Safety, or
- Proof of employment, if you are working a minimum of 24 hours a week. The form may be obtained from the Department of Public Safety and must be signed by your employer and notarized, or
- Your high school diploma showing proof that you have graduated from high school.
Documentation of Reading Proficiency
- Documentation from your school showing you have successfully passed the criterion-referenced reading test required for all eighth grade students or an alternative reading proficiency test approved by the State Department of Education pursuant to State Statutes Title 47 Section 3 [Section 1210.515 of Title 70] demonstrating reading proficiency at the eighth grade reading level, unless such student is excused from such requirement pursuant to the provisions of State Statutes Title 47 Section 3 [ibid.].
- If you are moving to Oklahoma from another state or are home schooled you can contact one of the alternate testing sites to take the reading test. Click here for a list of approved alternate testing sites.