Driver Licenses and ID Cards
ALTUS DL Exam will process originals, renewals, replacements, transfers, written tests, and medical card updates in the AM. Skills tests will be conducted in the PM by appointment only. November 24 & 25
POTEAU DL Exam will process originals, renewals, replacements, transfers, written tests, and medical card updates in the AM. Skills tests will be conducted in the PM by appointment only until further notice.
TAHLEQUAH DL Exam will process originals, renewals, replacements, transfers, written tests, and medical card updates in the AM. Skills tests will be conducted in the PM by appointment only.
SALLISAW DL Exam will close at 2:30pm on Monday, Nov 23rd and Wednesday Nov 25th.
IDABEL DL Exam will close at 12:00pm on Wednesday Nov 25th.
NEW REQUIREMENTS FOR COMMERCIAL DRIVER LICENSE APPLICANTS EFFECTIVE: JULY 8, 2015
All CDL applicants, whether initial issuance, transfer, renewal, upgrade, or duplicate, must provide proof of citizenship or lawful permanent residency and proof of Oklahoma residency specified in 383.71 (a)(2)(v). CDL applicants will be required to bring 1 document from the U.S. Citizenship list and 1 document from the Oklahoma Residency (Domiciled) list. The document must show the applicants name and current address. A post office box is not acceptable.
383.71–List of Acceptable Proofs of Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency Status
- Valid, unexpired U.S. Passport. (Passport card is acceptable)
- Certified copy of a birth certificate filed with a State Office of Vital Statistics or equivalent agency in the individual's State of birth, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) issued by the U.S. Department of State.
- Certificate of Naturalization issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- Certificate of Citizenship issued by DHS.
Lawful Permanent Resident
- Valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card, issued by USCIS or INS
Acceptable Residency List
The applicant shall present a document from the list below containing the applicant's name and current residential street address. A post office box or other mail box address is not acceptable. The applicant cannot show mail with a forwarding address label or an adhesive address label on the envelope.
REVISED LIST EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 1, 2015
- Copy of federal or Oklahoma income tax return filing not more than eighteen months old.
- Current and valid life insurance, or automobile liability policy or card with address.
- Installment loan contract from a bank or other financial institution. Payday loan companies are not acceptable.
- Current Deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement or a residential lease.
- Current homeowners' or renters' insurance policy or statement.
- Professional license issued by an Oklahoma governmental agency
- Property tax bill or receipt dated within the last 12 months
- Sales tax or business license
- Social Security Administration document with Oklahoma street address dated within the last 12 months
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA) letter
- Utility bill (from an electric, telephone, water, sewer, cable, satellite, heating oil, or propane provider) issued within the last sixty days.
- Valid concealed weapons permit.
- Certified copy of court order- Must contain the full name and date of birth of the applicant.
- Oklahoma Boat Title or Registration
- Current documents issued by the US Military indicating residential address
- Oklahoma Motor Vehicle Title or Registration
- Pilot's license
- Public assistance benefit card and correspondence dated within the last 8 months.
- W-2 wage or 1099 tax form from the current year
- Oklahoma Voter registration card
- Tribal Vehicle Titles or Registration
- Oklahoma High School, College, University transcript or Technology Center transcript for current school year or semester
- Oklahoma Agriculture exemption permit card (farm tax permit)
- Correspondence from an Oklahoma State Agency with current address dated within the last year. (cannont be forwarded mail)
Medical Self-CertificationEffective January 30, 2012, the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety (DPS) will be adding your medical certification status and the information on your medical examiner's certificate to your Commercial Driver's License System (CDLIS) record.
Veteran Logo Is Now Available On Driver License
The Oklahoma Department of Public Safety would like to remind Oklahoma veterans of the new "Veteran" logo that is available to be placed on the front of qualified veteran's Oklahoma driver license or state identification cards. "Oklahomans have a profound respect and admiration for the men and women who have bravely served our nation. The new veteran designation on state drivers' licenses is a small way in which we can honor their sacrifice and say "thank you" for their service to our state and our nation," Governor Mary Fallin
"We're pleased to announce that changes in the system, and card will allow Oklahoma veterans to identify themselves right on their license by choosing to have a special veteran's insignia added to the card," said DPS Commissioner and Secretary of Safety and Security, Mike Thompson, who also is a decorated Army soldier. "This option will be available after November 1, 2012 and was implemented as a manner in which to honor the men and women of Oklahoma who have served our country," Thompson said.
Retired General and Secretary of Military and Veteran Affairs, Rita Aragon, said that this will be of an advantage to military veterans who often do not have a Veterans Administration identification card because they do not have a disability. "Oklahoma veterans will now be able to present their Oklahoma driver license or state issued identification card that has the "Veteran" status on the front. Veterans can then present those cards to businesses that honor and provide discounts to military veterans," said Aragon. "This is a point of pride for veterans and Oklahoma's way of saying, "thank you for your service!" said Aragon.
Veterans who choose to have the "Veteran" status on their card will have to show proof of military service by providing their DD-214, 215, WWII discharge document, a US Department of Veterans Affairs photo ID card or an Oklahoma Army or Air National Guard NGB Form 22 when renewing or obtaining their identification card or driver license. Tag Agents With Veteran Photo
To book your appointment, visit https://apps.ok.gov/dps/exam/scheduler/index.uii
The Oklahoma Department of Public Safety's to Release Phase II of online scheduling system.
It's all about the experience.
Phase II of the new online scheduling system called is set to be implemented on Monday, October 7, 2013. With Phase II, applicants who are wanting to schedule an online appointment can now schedule for their Class D driving skills test along with other services such as the written learner permit test, CDL renewal and ID cards, etc. at field offices across the state. The new drive test schedule module will be tested at the Oklahoma City I-240 location for a short period of time before it will be made available at the other statewide locations.
This service also offers the opportunity to make appointments online or from their mobile device, while avoiding the inconvenience of standing in line. The online system uses industry-leading security, and only requires drivers to choose an appointment time at their location of choice and provide basic information, such as name, phone number, driver license number, email address.
For even greater flexibility, individuals will be able to choose a location, date and time when they would like to schedule an appointment. Another option is to search for the next available time for a road test. DPS has been working with OK.GOV for several months to implement this new module and are pleased to offer this service to the citizens of Oklahoma.
|*Oklahoma City||728 East I-240 Service Road|
|Edmond||28 East Main|
|Norman||430 N Berry Rd|
|Tulsa Eastgate||14002 E. 21st St Suite A|
|Tulsa West||3190 W. 21st St S.|
|Broken Arrow||1635 S. Main|
* IF ALL APPOINTMENTS ARE FULL FOR A PARTICULAR OFFICE, THAT LOCATION WILL NOT APPEAR AS A CHOICE INT HE MENU. ADDITIONAL APPOINTMENTS ARE ADDED DAILY SO PLEASE CHECK BACK.
To book your appointment visit https://apps.ok.gov/dps/exam/scheduler/index.uii If you encounter issues when trying to book an online appoinment please call 405-425-2020.
Applying for a Driver License/ID Card
Every applicant must furnish both primary and secondary documentary proofs of identity, proof of full legal name and birth date, and proof of legal presence in the United States when applying for an Oklahoma driver license or identification card. Read more »
- Applying for an Original Driver License - Applicant is over 18 Years of Age
- Name Changes
- Online Address Changes
- Renewal or Replacement by Mail when Out-of-State
- Renewal or Replacement for Military and Civilian Military Contractors
- Transferring a Driver License from Another State - Applicant is over 18
- Transferring a Driver License from a US Territory
If you are in this country on Immigration Documents you must take the License along with your immigration documents to a Driver License Exam Site to initiate the renewal. A list of all Driver License Exam sites can be viewed here. Once the Driver License Examiner has processed you they will provide you with a form that is taken to a Motor License Agent and they will renew the license.
If you have a Commercial Driver License you must start at the Driver License Exam Site. Present the Driver License Examiner with the current license. If you are operating commercially in Interstate commerce you will also have to provide a current Medical Examiner Certificate. If you have a Hazardous Material Endorsement you will have to have a current TSA background check and be required to take the Hazardous Material written exam.
Fees for a License renewal may be found here.
If your license is expired for more than 1 year you will have to provide proof of legal presence unless you have provided this information since 11/01/2007. If you have a class D license expired greater than 1 year but less than 3 years and you are a US citizen with a state certified birth certificate you may take this document to a Motor License Agency that is birth certificate certified. Approved Tag Agency locations listed here. If you are using documents other than a state certified birth certificate you must go to a Driver License Exam site and present a primary identification document. Click here for a list of acceptable documents.
- Applying for an Oklahoma Identification Card for the First Time
- You have an Oklahoma Driver License that was an original first time issue after 11/01/2007 and you have had the license for more than 30 days.
- You do not have an Oklahoma Driver License that was an original first time issue after 11/01/2007.
Answer: Federal youth employment rules prohibit driving a motor vehicle on public roads in employment, except under certain very limited conditions.
Read additional information »
Driver License Examining Offices will be closed on all State Holidays.
ATTENTION: Hours of operation may vary. Some exam sites are staffed with one examiner. Normally for those sites, written testing is done in the morning and scheduled drive tests are conducted in the afternoon. If the examiner is out of the office conducting a drive test, phone calls will not be answered. Calling ahead, preferably in the mornings, is recommended to ensure testing availability.
Effective Monday, August 15, 2011, the process to call in and schedule a drive test appointment by phone has been suspended for the following Driver License Exam Offices; Edmond, SW Oklahoma City, Norman, Yukon, Eastgate/Tulsa and W Tulsa. ALL drive tests will now be scheduled by walk-ins only.
Find a Driver License Exam Station close to you.
- Oklahoma City Metro Area Driver Testing Facilities
EDMOND EXAM SITE
28 East Main Street
Edmond, OK 73034
Mon-Fri 7:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
NORMAN EXAM SITE
430 N Berry Rd
Norman, OK 73069
Mon-Fri 7:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
OKLAHOMA CITY EXAM SITE
728 East I-240 Service Road
Oklahoma City, OK 73149
Mon-Fri 7:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
SHAWNEE EXAM SITE
Old Army Reserve Building
1821 Airport Drive Shawnee, OK 74804
Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.