Oklahoma Compulsory Insurance Verification System (OCIVS)
Announcement to Insurance Companies
February 8, 2008
47 O.S., Section 7-600.2, (commonly known as HB 3115) requires the Department of Public Safety to create an online insurance verification system in order to verify whether a vehicle is in compliance with Oklahoma's compulsory liability insurance law. Read more »
Insurance Company Information
All insurance companies that sell personal vehicle liability insurance policies for vehicles registered in Oklahoma are required to participate in the verification system. Vehicles covered by commercial policies are exempt from this requirement.
Please provide the following information to designate contact persons for implementation of theOklahoma Compulsory Insurance Verification System of the Department of Public Safety, State of Oklahoma.
- Insurance Company Information Form (Computer-Fillable)
Please complete one form for each NAIC number.
OCIVS-Related Documents for Insurance Companies
- Web Service and Database Manual (Ver. 4.0) (PDF)
- IICMVA Model User Guide for web services (Version 3.0) (PDF)
- Creating Legislation - HB 3115 (2006) (PDF)
- First amendment - SB 2122 (2008) (PDF)
- Summary of SB 2122 (PDF)
- Third amendment - SB 1161 (2009) (PDF)
- Summary of SB 1161 (PDF)
- Fourth amendment - HB 2013 (2009) (PDF)
- Summary of HB 2013 (PDF)
- Fifth amendment - HB 2331 (2008) (PDF)
- Summary of HB 2331 (PDF)