(Authority: 47 O.S. §6-116)

Oklahoma law requires the holder of a Oklahoma drivers license or a Oklahoma identification card to notify the Department of Public Safety, in writing, within ten (10) days , of any change in their mailing address, residential address, county of residence, or name change.

When reporting a change, you must provide both the old address and the new mailing address; both the old and new residential address; both the old and new counties of residence; or both the former and new name.

To report a change of name you will need to present certified legal documents concerning the change, such as a marriage licence, decree of divorce, or other court order. You will also need to personally before a Driver Examiner at the Department of Public Safety or a local tag agent authorized to accept legal documents.


You may also report any new mailing address, residential address, or county of residence by mailing the notice of change to the Department of Public Safety at:

                                Oklahoma Department of Public Safety

                                Driver License Services

                                PO Box 11415

                                Oklahoma City, OK 73136-0415

or visiting your local tag agent or the Department of Public Safety in person.

Failure to keep your address current could result in failure to receive legal notices or emergency notifications from the Department.